Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mekong

One of the many things I love about living in Melbourne is the access to great Vietnamese food. I have a number of favourite places, but whenever I'm in the city, I can't go past Mekong for something cheap, quick and so good.


I always order the exact same thing - pho and spring rolls.


Rice noodles, clear beef broth (beef bones, cinnamon, star anise, ginger, coriander seed, fennel, clove) with beef balls, tripe, spring onions and coriander.


As above with chicken breast.


Prawn and chicken spring rolls with lettuce wrap and sweet chilli dipping sauce.

Mekong is hard to miss as it sits right in the middle of the city - 241 Swanston Street - and is open daily until 10pm.

Good night x

P.S. The restaurant is named after one of the world's major rivers (12th longest in the world & 7th longest in Asia) - the Mekong River - which runs through the south of Vietnam in an area known as the Mekong Delta.

"Ask your child what he wants for dinner only if he's buying." ~Fran Lebowitz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and your rumbling belly.
Leave me a message and I will get back to you shortly.

Peace & love,
Trish x