Thursday, May 27, 2010

Match not made in heaven

I had been to Match a few years ago for drinks and quite enjoyed it. Good service, comfy couches and music just loud enough to fill the spaces between our chatter.

Unable to decide where to go for dinner, we decided to stay and have something there instead.

 Linguine in mushroom ragoût

 David Blackmore wagyu beef, pancetta, brioche bun, truffle mayonaise

Slow cooked lamb, Merguez sausage, harissa chickpeas, smoked eggplant

 Wild barramundi, roast prawns, waxy potatoes, anchovies, watercress 

Slow roasted onions, parmesan, cream

I won't bother going into detail about each dish, but I will say it was all very average and lacked flavour. I will be happy to continue to head there for drinks, but I wouldn't ever stay for a meal.

Match is located at 249 Lt Lonsdale Street, Melbourne and offers free WiFi, table service and a great balcony with views of the city. To find out more, visit www.matchbar.com.au

Eat, drink & be merry x

"What is patriotism but the love of the food one ate as a child?"  ~Lin Yutang

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you and your rumbling belly.
Leave me a message and I will get back to you shortly.

Peace & love,
Trish x